Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Video Game Forums and the Assholes Who Troll Them.

As a frequent reader of the forums on xbox.com, I have to say that I really like having a place to go to talk or ask questions about a specific game, weather i need some help and i'm not wanting to watch someone else do it on youtube, or I have a question about some upcoming DLC, anything pertaining to a specific game on the 360, xbox.com probably has a forum for it.  

I use to post on there a lot more than I do now, but it seemed like every time I did, I would just get flamed, or have some idiot tell me how stupid I was, and if I didn't like this or that, than to not play the game at all, or have some other ignorant statement thrown at me simply for stating an opinion.  I'd say a good 4 or 5 years ago, those forums were filled with a few hundred cool people.  Now that the forums have caught on, just like all these online games, the forums are filled with immature assholes.  Some people post on there just for the sake of arguing, I believe they don't even realizing they are doing it.  Some people want to be right so badly that they will argue about anything on there.  If someone posts an opinion, you can bet on there being at least 5 people who put the guy down personally by throwing some kind of insults at him, instead of just agreeing or disagreeing.  If someone asks a question, about 80% of the time, someone will reply with a remark like "this question has been asked a bunch of times, use the search button next time".  To a degree, I almost agree with the answer, BUT, I just can't get myself to care enough to actually take the time to post that response.  Its amazing how many people have nothing better to do but to troll the forums on a DAILY basis, just to be a dick.  JUST TO BE A DICK!!

Xbox.com isn't the only game forums where this happens.  I've seen it on the Sony forums and just about every gaming forum I've been on.  Its people like that, and those who act like assholes in multiplayer, who make people like me join clans and only play online with certain individuals.  Thats why a lot of girls won't play online either, and why there is the Gamerchix clan.  I myself am a member or Gathering of Gamers, although I have not used the site in ages, because now, my friends list on Live is so big, there is always someone online I can play with.

Its a shame people have to ruin this site.  I know, I shouldn't let it bother me, and I don't to the extent that I still go on the forums and read, I just no longer post and contribute to any conversations because of all the assholes out there.

2 comments:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    sms marketing forum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. As you can see, I stopped writing. I didn't think anyone really gave a crap. Although as time passes, I really miss putting my thoughts down on electronic paper. I've thought about writing a blog again, just for myself. Perhaps your comment is the motivation I needed, I mean, it did lead me to log back into here to read it...

      Delete